MIDDLETOWN TOWNSHIP LAND CONSERVANCY
ELWYN, PA 19063
The R-3 expansion to West Chester petition drive is a multi-step process. The first step will involve circulating petitions in Chester and Delaware Counties. We hope to collect at least 5,000 signatures.
We will then present copies of the signed petitions to County Council members in both counties and to the SEPTA Board of Directors. Copies may also be presented to local government officials in townships which will benefit from a restored R-3 line or which currently are experiencing illegal parking or traffic congestion at stations presently in use. We hope to gain local support from elected officials in these townships.
The final step will be to present copies of the signed petitions to our State Senators and Representatives to request assistance in obtaining a dedicated funding source for rail lines serving the communities adjacent to Philadelphia.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PETITION CIRCULATORS
1. Make copies of blank petition so you will have additional copies for
2. Collect signatures on separate petitions for Chester and Delaware
3. Circulators, please include your name, address, phone number and
township of residence on the petition.
4. For additional posters or petitions or for questions contact Susan Graham
at (610) 565-4903
5. Return completed petitions to MTLC by June 30, 2004.